Sunday, October 5, 2008

Shape It Up Sundays - Squares

31 Days of Holiday Cards Continues!

Have a little fun with shapes today! Squares are great shapes to use on cards as no punch is required and the math is minimal for creating mattes. I decided to go completely square and made a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card.

Looking through my Christmas box of stamps, I found these delightful birds and a matching set of sentiments from Hero Arts. I had originally intended to use 3 birds and a sentiment when I bought them but I think this layout worked quite nicely.

I used a Technique Junkie technique called Marker Watercoloring to give the birds a bit of depth. While I love aquapainting my images directly with ink, this technique allows for more color blending.



Enjoy Good Cheer
Stamps:
Good Cheer set and Holiday Birds set (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Summer Sun and Real Red (Stampin Up); watercolor
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Markers: Summer Sun, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard (Stampin Up)

5 down, 26 to go!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...