Monday, October 6, 2008

Motif Monday - Ribbon Rampage

31 Days of Holiday Cards Continues!

Mondays during October will focus on using certain embellishments to ornament the holiday cards. Today is an easy one - ribbon!

I don't use ribbons very much in my cards so this actually is a challenge for me! I have quite a bit of ribbon, but I mostly use my favorites - a thin white ribbon and a medium gold ribbon. Today, I did not allow myself to touch those two spools as I have so many, many others to choose from.


I finally decided to go with some of the red scraps I have in my ribbon box. I really like the way it turned out. I used a new ribbon technique called Punched Through from (where else?) Technique Junkies.

Here is the result:


Ornamented Ornaments
Stamps:
Happy Holidays from Warmest Regards (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Real Red and Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Ink: Always Artichoke (Stampin Up); black marvy marker
Embellishments: ribbon scraps
Other: sticky strip, circle cutter (Creative Memories), wavy cutter (Creative Memories)

This is a close-up of one of the "ornaments".


6 down, 25 to go!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...