Sunday, October 26, 2008

(Late) Thursday's Technique - Paper Piecing

31 Days of Holiday Cards Continues!

One of the easiest ways that I know of to add visual appeal is to do a little paper piecing.


I always stamp my image onto my background first to set the image position and the little details I am not going to be able to cut onto the page. For example, in the Valentine card below, the image of the poodle had a lot of small details. By stamping the image on the card first, I didn't have to be quite so precise in my cuts.

After stamping your base image, pick another paper and stamp the image again. Cut out the second image and adhere on top of the base image. For the poodle, I stamped on the base paper, stamped the poodle in white and cut out and then stamped the sunglasses and bows on another sheet of coordinating paper and adhered those on top.

Here's my paper pieced Holiday card:

Patterned Tree Trio
Stamp:
Evergreens (Magenta)
Paper: Samara (Daisy D's); Buttercup from the Oh Baby Collection (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Summer Sun & Riding Hood Red (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: Xyron machine

23 down, 8 to go!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...