Friday, October 31, 2008

Free Form Friday - What Not to Use Challenge

31 Days of Holiday Cards Wrap-Up!

Thanks to everyone who played along with my simple challenges. I have all my holiday cards ready to go. Now, I can get ready for my annual "addressing" party where I get together with friends, sip cider and start addressing all these great cards.

Today, I decided to make the challenge a bit harder. Last week, we had a ton of fun using all our traditional holiday stamps. This week, try and make a holiday card with none of those familiar symbols.

Use your sentiment and color scheme to create a holiday card out of non-traditional images.

What did you expect? It's Halloween after all. My mind isn't really on the holiday season right now.

Here's my non-traditional card. I went with an arctic animal theme and some more paper piecing.

An Arctic Noel
Stamps:
Polar Bear (A Muse); Bunny Heart (Stampendous); Joyeux Noel from Snowy Woods plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Holiday Argyle (Deja Views)
Cardstock: River Rock, Riding Hood Red, Elegant Eggplant, and Garden Green (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Embellishment: mini red bow (Holiday Time)
Tools: circle cutters (Creative Memories)

31 down.... Thanksgiving to go? Uh oh.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...