Wednesday, October 1, 2008

31 Days of Holiday Cards - Monochrome

I always plan to do my holiday cards, Christmas and Chanukah, in July and get them out of the way. I never do it! This year, I am setting myself a challenge to make at least one holiday card a day throughout the month of October!

Each day this month, I will post a little stamping prompt including - sketches/recipes, stamp themes, embellishments, simple techniques, color, use of tools and shapes.

For anybody who wants to join in, I will post links to participant's blogs.

Wednesdays will focus on color choices. Today's stamping stimulus is to make a monochrome card. Pick any color you want but only use that color. White and black may be used as accents but try and stick to one color.

Here's my monochrome card:

Triple Tree
Stamp: Swirly Pine Tree (Stubby Stampers)
Cardstock: Whisper White & Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Ink: Old Olive and Mellow Moss (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 4 olive green brads
Tools: paper piercer, corner rounder

If you make a card, please leave a comment on this blog with a link to your card!

See you tomorrow! One down, 30 to go!

1 comment:

  1. Great start to the month! Love this monochromatic look. I don't think I'll be able to make one every day, but I'll try to do some.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...