Monday, September 29, 2008

Stubby Stampers Mystery Game

I recently joined the Stubby Stampers yahoo group. I am participating in one of their challenges which involves using a single Stubby Stampers stamp image for 3 different cards. Of course, doing the 3 cards isn't everything - the cards need to fit into 3 of 10 categories. Very fun! I love a challenge...no pun intended!

I chose an art deco woman reading a book as my image. I made cards in the categories of monochromatic, one stamp card, and fall colors.

To make the monochromatic card, I decided to try some cool blues. I also decided to finally try out a technique from the June/July issue of the Technique Junkies newsletter called Marker Watercoloring. Once I colored the image in, I mounted the panel on a piece of designer paper festooned with roses. The huge oval I used to frame the image obscures most of the roses but the card still has a soft look. Guess it is the thought of the roses more than their actual presence.

Lady Reads the Blues
Stamps: Art Deco Woman Reading and Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures (Stubby Stampers)
Paper: blue rose paper from a Provocraft stack purchased many years ago
Cardstock: Paper Store medium blue; watercolor paper
Ink: Midnight Blue (StazOn); Marvy Markers No. 60 & No. 100
Tools: Oval cutter (Creative Memories)
Embellishments: one fabric flower

My second card used black and white paper to set up lots of contrast. I added little splashes of red through paper piecing and some matting.

Well Red
Stamp:
Art Deco Woman Reading (Stubby Stampers)
Paper: Imaginisce (sorry, don't know this particular paper's name)
Cardstock: Paper Company deep red; generic white
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)

The final card was to be done in Autumn colors. To use the stamp a bit differently, I used a technique called Warhol which I learned from the Technique Junkies newsletter.

Autumn Styling
Stamp: Art Deco Woman Reading and vine border (Stubby Stampers)
Cardstock: Barely Banana, More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Summer Sun (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); More Mustard (Stampin Up)
Tools: 1" square punch

I think these challenges get me going. It's nice to have a place to start when I sit down at my craft table!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what a challenge! and you came right up to the bar...and WOW, did you do good! Everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...