Monday, September 29, 2008

Something Borrowed Something Coo?

Yesterday, I made two Halloween cards and a birthday card from sets borrowed from my friend and fellow stamper, Ali.

Taking a break from the stamping spooky cards, I decided to dive into a bit of whimsical stamping. One of the sets I borrowed is called A Little Bird Told Me (Stampin Up) and it is just adorable.

I love doing paper piecing and this set sure makes this fun and easy technique a breeze. I picked a brightly colored paper to add a bit of pizzazz.



Birdie Birthday
Stamps:
Little Bird and It's Your Birthday from A Little Bird Told Me set (Stampin Up)
Paper: flower paper unknown (been in my scrap drawer for a long, long time)
Cardstock: Pixie Pink & So Saffron (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: corner rounder

Isn't he cute? I thought so! One of my projects over the next few months to create several birthday cards. I am always making them the week before the birthday. This year, I am going to try and create unique designs for each birthday card needed at least 2 months ahead of the actual birthday. It's a goal anyway.

Here's one I made for my brother-in-law's recent birthday.


Birthday Greetings
Stamp:
Cakeabella (Stamping Bella)
Paper: chocolate/blue polka dot (unknown - also in scrap drawer and I used bit with the name on it)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); generic white
Inks: Timber Brown (StazOn); variety of Marvy markers
Tools: blender pen

I also got my husband's birthday card stamped today, but you will have to wait to see that one until after his birthday. He is so sweet, he actually reads my blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Happy stamping!

Don't forget that October will feature the 31 Days of Holiday Cards Challenge!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...