Sunday, September 28, 2008

Something Borrowed Something Boo

On Friday, my friend Ali was kind enough to lend me two Stampin Up sets, House of Haunts and A Little Bird Told Me.

Using these two sets, I created 2 Halloween cards and a birthday card. I loved the owl in the tree from the House of Haunts set as soon as I saw it. I didn't necessarily want to use conventional colors so I focused on possible colors for the image rather than the theme. I came up with Briliant Blue on Lavender Lace (Stampin Up). To add to the spooky woods feel of the card, I ran my base panel through my Cuttlebug using my Distressed Stripes folder.

Happy Owlween
Stamps: Owl in Tree and Happy Halloween from House of Haunts (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Lavender Lace & Brilliant Blue (Stampin Up); generic white for base
Ink: Brilliant Blue (Stampin Up)
Tools: Oval and scallop punches, bone folder for distressing, Cuttlebug machine and folder

While I had my Cuttlebug out, I decided to use it for the base panel of my next card as well. I just got this great Spider Web folder a few weeks ago. I wanted to use some more great images from House of Haunts. I decided to use the owl in the tree again and the haunted house. I went to my own Where the Haunt Is set (also Stampin Up) to complete the look with a witch on a broomstick. I decided to use a variation of the Layered Collage technique from Technique Junkies. I decided to forgo a background stamp to keep the look clean.


Haunted Collage
Stamps:
Owl in Tree and Haunted House from House of Haunts set and Witch from Where the Haunt Is (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: cream (Paper store); Elegant Eggplant (Stampin Up)
Inks: Creamy Caramel and Elegant Eggplant (Stampin Up)
Tools: Cuttlebug machine and folder

Hope you had a good weekend! As you can see, mine was inky.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...