Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Announcing 31 Days of Holiday Cards

I admit it. I always end up stamping my holiday cards in late November and early December. This year I want it to be different. I have decided to challenge myself to make at least one holiday card design every day in October.

Each day I will suggest a card inspiration. I have created a theme for each weekday.

Shape Up Sunday - drag out your cutters and punches, we are going to use shapes!
Motif Monday - these days will focus on using all those common embellishments hanging around your craft space
Toolbox Tuesday - time to get back to those basic tools of the trade
Wondercolor Wednesday - this will be a color challenge day
Thursday's Technique - don't panic, these are all very simple, very common techniques
Free Form Friday - the inspiration for these days will be a stamp image theme
Saturday's Sketch - I will post very simple sketches on the 4 Saturdays

You may notice my overuse of the word "simple". I want to get my Christmas and Chanukah cards done so I want to "Keep It Simple Stamper" so that I don't abandon the project midway!

If you want to play along, you can drop by the blog each morning and check out the suggestions or you can subscribe using Feedblitz. I will be changing my newsletter distribution to daily just for October and this challenge.

If you have a blog, post a comment to my blog with a link to your card on your own blog. I will include your link in my next blog posts (whenever possible - life sometimes does intervene).

Here are a few of my holiday cards from the past to get those holiday juices going:







Hope to see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Can you identify the stamps in the Holiday Happenings area?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...