Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where Have I Been? At the Pan-Mass Challenge!

I would like to take a moment away from stamping to recognize the amazing effort my husband put in this year cycling in the Pan-Mass Challenge to raise money for cancer research and treatment.

He trained all year and it certainly paid off! I am so very proud of him! It means so much to me that he undertook this tough challenge as I lost my father to lung cancer 14 years ago. I have many relatives and friends who have battled cancer and many who still fight on. It is such an important cause as it touches each of us. I have yet to meet someone who did not have a friend or relative who is currently suffering from cancer.

The Pan-Mass Challenge is a two-day bicycle ride. In David's case, he left from Babson College in Wellesley, MA and cycled to Bourne on the first day and then continued on to Provincetown for a total of 163 miles! Way to go, David! He raised $4,000 for the cause and, in total, the 29th Annual Pan-Mass Challenge and its 5,390 riders have raised over $21,000,000. That's going to go a long way to finding a cure!


So, congratulations to my husband and all the other riders who gave up their time and used their talents to raise money to fight cancer! A huge thank you to everyone to contributed to this year's ride!

If you missed your opportunity to give to this wonderful cause, please visit http://www.pmc.org/egifts/. My husband's egift ID number is DB0249 and the PMC accepts donations for this year's ride until October 1, 2008.


0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...