Sunday, August 24, 2008

Setting Sail on Paper

With the end of summer coming upon us, I stopped to reflect....I haven't gone anywhere yet! With that thought in mind, I decided to take to the high seas of ink instead.

The first card was inspired by staring at my own antique globe trying to come up with an idea. Yup, one of THOSE days. Despite its humble beginnings, I think the card turned out quite well. It looks much more gray in the photo than it is in reality. It's actually quite a bit more brown.


Take Pride
Stamps: globe & sentiment (OnyxXpressions)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Paper: Sea Glass Antique Map Flat Paper (K & Company)
Cardstock: More Mustard & Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Tools: my trusty circle cutters (Creative Memories)

The second card came from me rooting around in my OnyxXpressions stamps to find the globe. I found the sentiment and just took off from there.

Set Me Adrift
Stamps: ship's wheel & sentiment (OnyxXpressions)
Ink: Chocolate Chip & More Mustard (Stampin Up)
Paper: BasicGrey Hang 10 - Swell
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard & Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Tools: ticket punch (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 2 antique copper brads - or was it brass? Hmm....

Hope your summer holidays included more than my ventures onto Veranda Beach and Camp Back-o-Yard.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...