Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to Birds?

Yup, I was on another bird kick! At the beginning of the month, I ventured out with my friend, Ali, to one of our fav stamp stores, Absolutely Everything. I picked up a bunch of new Memory Box stamps....do I love their stuff! Simple yet strong images! Anyway....I came up with this card with the help of one of my Ma Vinci Reliquary alphabets.



Bird
Stamps:
Huddled Bird, Petite Dove and Perched Bird (Memory Box); B, i, r, D from Playful Heart Alphabet (Ma Vinci's Reliquary)
Cardstock: Burgundy (Paper Store); Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Antique Linen (Distress Ink); Chianti (Colorbox)
Embellishments: gorgeous ribbon that's origins are sadly unknown


The second card showcases a beautiful stamp from Magenta. I started with some great patterned paper and using that as a springboard came up with the combination of River Rock and Really Rust for the main pieces of the card. I needed some heavy duty contrast so I added Handsome Hunter to the mix. I got these cute swirl paper clips AGES ago so I decided to use them to create a little interest.

Grouse Trio
Stamp:
Three Birds (Magenta)
Cardstock: Really Rust, River Rock, and Handsome Hunter (Stampin Up)
Paper: Urban Window Collection - On the Dot Wheat (We R Memory Keepers)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Chalk: Really Rust (Stampin Up) - in background of image to allow birds to stand out. Did you think I would do something the normal way? Not!
Embellishment: cool gold swirl paper clip

Tomorrow - new Autumn cards!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...