Saturday, August 9, 2008

Appleious

I have recently purchased some great apple stamps and I guess with the weather so nutty, I have started to long for Autumn.

This set from Chapel Road Art Stamps has long beckoned to me and I was finally able to purchase it at the Heirloom Convention in Springfield, MA this June. How exciting! I managed to get this card done while waiting for my husband to do the first leg of the Pan-Mass Challenge charity bike ride last weekend. He did 83 miles! Very cool!

Appleious
Stamps:
Apple set (Chapel Road Art Stamps)
Cardstock: River Rock, Cranberry Crisp (Stampin Up)
Paper: French Market Pomme (Rusty Pickle)
Inks: Cranberry Crisp (Stampin Up); Stucco (Colorbox)
Embellishments: 2 antique brass brads

I loved the richness of the paper, Rusty Pickle's French Market Pomme, and last year's Stampin' Up in-color River Rock (I bought a ton of packages) was the perfect shade to compliment it. In a happy coincidence, the previous year's Cranberry Crisp in-color matched the rich red tones of the paper. The remarkable thing is that I actually used a discontinued color as I tend to hoard them. Don't ask to what purpose....I have no idea...they are just pretty.

My other card was inspired by more new stamps. This time the set, Give Thanks, from Stampin Up gave me some new ideas. Again, River Rock came in handy for the base color of the stamped images with Old Olive and Bravo Burgundy lending the other shades. This paper is from Creative Imaginations and is just completely gorgeous!

Simple Things in Life
Stamps:
Give Thanks set (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Old Olive, River Rock and Bravo Burgundy (Stampin Up)
Paper: Tossed Leaf (Creative Imaginations)
Inks: Timber Brown Staz-On
Pencils: variety of Derwent watercolors from the Aquatone, Watercolor and Studio lines
Embellishments: thread
Tools: notched corner punch

This weekend, I hope to do more cards that are "in the moment" and not so much Autumn ideas.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...