Thursday, July 24, 2008

Marking the Season

Summer is flying past. I guess I was really feeling that way the other day when I created this definitely Autumn card.

I have had this great pumpkin trio from Stubby Stampers for awhile. I decided it would be a great image to use to try out my copic markers. I am still working on getting the hang of the coloring and blending. Copics are definitely different than using my Marvy brush markers.


Pumpkin Trio
Stamps:
pumpkin trio (Stubby Stampers)
Cardstock: Mellow Moss (Stampin Up)
Paper: Verbena Green Leafy Swirls Flat Paper (K & Co.)
Ink: variety of Copic markers (YR04, YR07, YG95, E37) and a blending pen
Embellishments: 2 antique brass eyelets (large), 1/4" brown ribbon (about 4 inches)
Tools: oval circle cutter patterns (Creative Memories), Crop-a-dile

I mimicked the color of the pumpkin and its foliage with the cardstock and paper. The brown ribbon is a nod to the stem. I don't do many ribbon cards and I have never used ribbon in this way, so it was fun to fiddle around with this card. I popped the main oval up with some pop dots to give a wee bit more dimension. I don't often use pop dots but they do come in handy for projects like this.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...