Monday, July 21, 2008

Feathered Quote

I have always loved this passage from Emily Dickinson, "Hope is the thing with feathers". As I have been creating a lot bird cards lately, I thought this quote and a nod to something else with feathers would make a cute pairing.

I just got this paper. Isn't it yummy? It's from Daisy D's. I realized that what drew me to the paper was the wonderful color combination. To match the colors, I just turned to my Stampin Up papers. Works everytime! I used Real Red, Elegant Eggplant and Summer Sun to match the hues in the paper.

The difficult part of this card was deciding on the ink. I tried the purple but it didn't show enough contrast. Strangely, it did not immediately occur to me to use the red. I think I will use this combination again. I love the red against this warm yellow paper.


Hope and Feathers

Stamps: Hope is the Thing with Feathers (Serendipity Stamps); Bird tag from Nature Tags (Invoke Arts)
Cardstock: Real Red, Elegant Eggplant and Summer Sun (Stampin Up)
Paper: Autumn Blossoms (Daisy D's)
Ink: Real Red (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 1 antique brass brad
Tools: paper piercer

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...