Friday, July 18, 2008

Color Shift

I really liked the card above when I made it. The layout is a Technostamper Monday Challenge from January 21. I originally used it to make use of some great burgundy scraps I had after making a number of monochrome cards. I was going through old cards and wondered if this card would survive a color shift. I substituted turquoise for burgundy and used navy to add contrast. The card below shows the result.


Love in Turquoise
Stamps:
Love from the Beloved Plate (Oxford Impressions)
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Paper: Print Designer Series Tempting Turqouise (Stampin Up)
Ink: Night of Navy (Stampin Up) - also used to sponge over image
Embellishments: hearts punched from Night of Navy
Tools: heart punch

I think it worked out with the new color scheme. The turquoise gives the card a fresh feel. I think I found another non-traditional Valentine's card! I wonder what it would look like in chocolate brown and pink? No...too cliche. Maybe green or orange....

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...