Thursday, June 26, 2008

Photo Frenzy

I had a stamping flurry on Monday. It was great! My house is now a complete mess but I had fun.

For this particular card, I knew I wanted to use this stamp and this paper and I just worked from there. The photo corners grew out of the vintage feel of the stamp. Once I added the corners, I needed something to balance them out so I added the band and perked that up with the brads.


Cherish Cherub
Stamps:
XOX Fairy (Alpha Stamps); Cherish (Invoke Arts)
Paper: BasicGrey Pattern Paper Boxer Fedora
Cardstock: generic white; generic black; Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Ink: Always Artichoke and Handsome Hunter (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 4 black photo corners; 2 moss brads

The second card also has a photo feel. I love this paper (wish I could remember where I got it) and I started with it as a springboard. The base card was easy as Almost Amethyst (Stampin Up) perfectly matched the purple hues in the paper. Next I picked an accent color. I have always been drawn to purple and blue so I picked Night of Navy (Stampin Up) which gave a nice deep contrast to the light and airy purple. The rest just grew out of fooling around with the idea of Follow Your Heart (stamp by River City Rubber Works).


Always in Amethyst
Stamps:
Two Women from Passages plate (Paperbag Studios); Always Follow Your Heart (River City Rubber Works)
Paper: purple and gorgeous but unknown (I cut it a long time ago and threw it in the scrap drawer)
Cardstock: generic white; Night of Navy and Almost Amethyst (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: heart-shaped paper clip

Tomorrow, two more cards from my Monday Mania.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...