Monday, June 2, 2008

Bird Brained

My stamping took another birding turn this week.


This card was inspired by the Color Collage technique in the last Technique Junkies newsletter. The Daisy D's Moda paper has such great colors in it that it was easy to find colors to use for this mini-collage. I was able to match several colors in the paper with Stampin' Up inks. To re-enforce the red in the paper, I used red for the central bird image as well as the sentiment.

Come Fly Collage
Stamps: Bird's Nest plate (Oxford Impressions)
Cardstock: So Saffron, Taken with Teal (Stampin' Up); deep red (AC Moore)
Paper: Daisy D's Moda
Ink: So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Always Artichoke (Stampin' Up)
Embellishments: cream thread




Using a great stamp from Stampington & Company, I wanted to create a simple card. The image is fairly involved so I was looking for texture rather than pattern in the background paper. This grey weathered wood paper from a long forgotten scrap pack seemed to be a good fit.


Weathered Love
Stamps:
Robin Script Heart (Stampington & Company); Love (Oxford Impressions from the My Story plate)
Cardstock: AC Moore light grey and deep red
Paper: grey weathered wood (unknown)
Ink: Colorbox Chianti
Embellishments: 4 silver square brads
Tools: small heart punch, paper piercer

Off to feed my inspirations. The bird feeders in the yard need to be topped up!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...