Monday, May 26, 2008

Reality in Check

This card came about through a lot of trial and error. Had I only looked at my back issues of Technique Junkies I could have saved myself so much time and experimenting! Of course, I was not that logical, so I played with the idea for quite awhile until I created something that I liked.

Reality in Check
Stamps:
Flying Ballerina (Lost Coast); Never Let Reality (StampFrancisco)
Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On
Paper: BasicGrey Phoebe Presidio
Cardstock: Gable Green and Bravo Burgundy (Stampin Up)

For this card, I created a reverse mask of the Flying Ballerina stamp not including her flourishes or flowers. I used this reverse mask as a guide to adding bleach to a piece of Gable Green cardstock to create a ghost of the figure. I then stopped the bleaching process with heat. The heating step was an important one as I had tried the reverse, stamping then bleaching without heat only to find that my images became mere echoes of their former selves. After bleaching, I aligned the stamp with the bleached area and stamped with Timber Brown Staz-On.

The secondary color used for this card was inspired by the Presidio (BasicGrey) paper that I decided to use. The flowers so nicely mirrored those used in the stamp that the paper and stamp seemed destined to be together. To allow enough space on the card to actually see the beautiful background paper, I decided to use circles for my layout.

Originally, I looked at using "Believe" or "Imagine" for my sentiment but then while flipping through my Stamp Francisco unmounted binder I saw my "Never Let Reality" stamp and thought it worked well with the image and the young ballerina fairy's doleful expression.


Hope your reality did not get in the way of your dreams this wonderful long weekend!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...