Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feeling Happily Blue

I like to share my cards with my friends. As a challenge for myself I asked 5 friends to tell me their favorite color and using that information and what I knew about them, I created a set of 4 cards for each of them.

The first was for a professor who is wild for sailing. Here is what I created for him:

Adjust Our Sails
Stamps:
Compass Rose (Art Impressions); Sailboat (PSX); and sentiment (Penny Black)
Cardstock: white; AC Moore light blue; Stampin Up Night of Navy; white
Ink: Ballet Blue & Night of Navy (Stampin Up)

The cutie below was done for a sweet friend of mine who always has a twinkle in her eye.

Little Things Cutie
Stamps:
Enjoy the Little Things (Penny Black); Big Hat Girl (Stamp Francisco)
Cardstock: AC Moore medium blue and navy blue; white
Ink: Midnight Blue Staz-On
Other: Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder

This last card was made for a friend with a country kitchen. I decided to use a Technique Junkie technique called Aged Tiles to create this look.

Kitchen Tiles
Stamps
: Chicken Wire (Rubbernecker); Rooster (Anna Griffin); Flower Scroll Corner (Inkadinkado); In My Thoughts (Penny Black)
Cardstock: AC Moore medium blue; ecru
Inks: Ballet Blue and Blue Brocade (Stampin Up); Midnight Blue Stazon; Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other: blue prima flower; blue brad; 2 brown buttons

I loved the challenge of working with a blue palette and making 3 very different cards. The remaining two card sets in the challenge coming soon.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...