Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tulips in the Back and in the Stack

My first tulip arose out of the mulch today! It is a beauty. Gorgeous and pink. By tomorrow, it will probably have been eaten by the deer that roam behind my house, but today I enjoyed its happy presence.

Using markers directly on the stamps to create a layered look, I made these two cards. I started with this purple one. I did not vary my basic layout from my last use of this stamp. The color change gave it a fresh look. I, again, used my bone folder to distress the edges of the watercolor paper as well as the nested mattes. It gave a nice sense of dimension to the card without making it too complicated.


Purple Tulips
Stamp:
Brush Tulips (Penny Black)
Ink: Marvy Brush Markers - eggplant, wisteria and green
Cardstock: A.C. Moore house brand - lilac, dark purple, bright green; watercolor paper
Paper: purple gingham (unknown paper stack)
Tools: bone folder to roughen edges


My daughter is responsible for the inspiration for this bunch of blue tulips. Her favorite color is blue and she insisted that I do at least one card with blue tulips. Here I went for a softer, less busy look. Softening the green tone and using a paper with a subtle pattern for texture gave a calm feeling to this card.

Blue Tulips
Stamp:
Brush Tulips (Penny Black)
Ink: Marvy Brush Markers - steel gray, dull blue, olive green
Cardstock: A.C. Moore house brand - slate blue textured, moss, light blue; watercolor paper
Paper: Blue Vacation Squares (Scrapbook Walls)
Tools: bone folder to roughen edges

Have a happy, tulip-filled day!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...