Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Staying in with Stone House

Here's the setup. My daughter was in a two-day camp about an hour's drive from our house this weekend. I decided staying over at a hotel would give me some great alone time (read stamping without interruption), about 6 hours.

What I forgot was that I have access issues. I need access to all my stuff every time I stamp. So, I packed up a reasonable amount of paper, cardstock, my trusty Stampin Up stamping spots and various tools. Okay, I'll be honest it was about 3 tote bags worth. I said I had issues. As trying to take stamps with me would entail booking another room, I packed up some very basic sentiments and I spent the day before the trip stamping some Stone House images onto watercolor paper with Staz-on.


Here are a couple of my creations:



Tulip of Note
Stamps: Tulip (from 17th Century Flowers and Bugs plate - Stone House Stamps); Just a Little Note (Savvy Stamps)
Cardstock: yellow (unknown)
Paper: yellow stripe (unknown - from yet another stack)
Inks: Timber Brown (Staz-On); Gable Green, Always Artichoke, Handsome Hunter, Apricot Appeal, and So Saffron (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 4 bronze brads
Tools: Aquapainter (Stampin Up)



Spring Serendipity
Stamps: Carnation (from 17th Century Flowers and Bugs plate - Stone House Stamps); Serendipity (Hampton Art Stamps)
Cardstock: marbled ecru (unknown)
Paper: red textured (unknown - from yet another stack)
Inks: Timber Brown (Staz-On); Garden Green, Green Galore, Handsome Hunter, Cameo Coral, Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 3 bronze brads
Tools: Aquapainter (Stampin Up); corner rounder (Creative Memories)

These were both fun to paint because they had such great detail. I loved the way both flowers lent themselves so nicely to multiple shades of color.

1 comment:

  1. Shar these are both exquisite! I'm a detail person and the detail you put into these two flowers is stunning. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...