Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring into Simple

I love tulips. They are a bright beacon that Spring is finally here. That said, in real life, the deer that live on my land tend to eat the heads off my bright beacons. So that I can still enjoy some tulips this year, I decided to render them in ink instead of dirt.


The technique is quick and easy. I used markers to color in my stamp, applying the lightest color first. I then added accents in the darker shade. I was finished the card in under 5 minutes!

This first tulip (and yes there will be more) is colored using Stampin Up markers: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red and Garden Green (what else for flowers?). The cardstock is also Stampin Up: Cameo Coral and Garden Green. The background paper is from a ProvoCraft Stack. I can't believe how great it works with the coral!

The stamp is from Penny Black, my new favorite, and I stamped the image onto watercolor paper.

Here is a closer look:

I still have snow on my lawn but these little flowers cheered me up!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...