Monday, April 28, 2008

More Stone House Flowers

Today, I returned to my 17th Century Flowers and Bugs plate from Stone House Stamps. This time, I used a very open flower and created a card that would focus on this central image.

Again, I did layered watercoloring. I paired at least two colors of the same family but varying values for each area, painting the lighter color on first and letting that area dry before applying details with the slightly darker color. I really liked this fun red, weathered background paper which gave a soft but natural look to the background.

Weathered Primrose
Stamps:
Primrose or wild rose (?) from 17th Century Flowers and Bugs (Stone House Stamps)
Cardstock: cream & dark brown (AC Moore house brand); watercolor paper
Inks: Timber Brown (Staz-On); Always Artichoke, Garden Green, Cameo Coral, and Bravo Burgundy (Stampin Up)
Tools: Aquapainter (Stampin Up); corner rounder (Creative Memories)

Using the same color pallette and another wild rose image (Stone House Stamps), I created a Mother's Day card. The sentiment is from Inky Antics.


Guess the think pink moment isn't over yet.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...