Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy White Space

No need to fill up all the white space on your cards! To prove it, I created two different cards which left lots of open space. I left some grazing room for these cute little sheep.


Enjoy the Little Things
Stamps:
Friends - Sheep (Penny Black); Enjoy the Little Things (Penny Black)
Cardstock: watercolor paper
Inks: Always Artichoke, Ballet Blue, Mellow Moss, Night of Navy, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion (Stampin Up)

I resisted the urge to fill that open space with ribbons, hardware, or even backgrounds. For both cards, I used watercolor paper to create the card. I then stamped the images with Timber Brown Staz-On. I used a limited color palette to give each figure detail but not overwhelm the images.


Life Like a Wildflower
Stamps:
Crossing Bridges (Penny Black); May your Life be Like a Wildflower (Penny Black)
Cardstock: watercolor paper
Inks: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)

Wishing you beauty and joy in your day!

1 comment:

  1. What precious cards, Shar. Also, I am not unsubscribing even though that is what it will probably say. I am getting your blog through a feed so I can keep up more effectively. Love your art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...