Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Splashy Backgrounds

Today, I decided to play around with another Technique Junkie technique. I created a few backgrounds using a technique called Reinker Splash which featured in the current newsletter.

Using my new reinkers for the current Stampin Up "in" colors and some glossy cardstock, I created a few really fun looking splotchy backgrounds.

My first attempt, House Beams, had a nice balance in colors between warm, cool and neutral using Groovy Guava, Soft Sky and River Rock (all Stampin Up) as a base. Not sure what to do with my new creation, I searched through my stamps for something fun and came up with this great background called Ironwork Plans from Above the Mark. I stamped this background sized image onto my background and was very pleased with the result. Building on the theme of blueprints, I chose the rest of the images: House Plans (Stampington & Co); the sentiment from Repeat Impressions; and an element stamp from Architectural Elements from Stampin Up.


House Beams
Stamps:
Ironwork Plans (Above the Mark); House Plans (Stampington & Co.); A House is Made (Repeat Impressions); Architecture (from Architectural Elements, Stampin Up)
Inks: Groovy Guava, River Rock and Soft Sky (Stampin Up); Timber Brown Staz-On
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, River Rock and Soft Sky (Stampin Up); glossy white cardstock

My second attempt did not show much variation in color. Okay, no variation in color. Not sure where I went wrong but the splotchy Wild Wasabi background was still interesting. I stamped Tender Moment (Stamp Francisco) on top of it with Timber Brown Staz-On and ripped around the edges. I mounted that block onto a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. Then, I stamped the figures from Tender Moment again on a piece of white glossy cardstock and used my aquapainter (Stampin Up) to give some delicate color to the figures. I cut out these figures and mounted them in position on top of the Wasabi background. To finish off, I mounted the whole thing on a piece of Wild Wasabi which had been stamped with the French Script background (Stampin Up). The final touch was the word "Enchantment" from the Alice in Wonderland plate from Non Sequitur. The colors are hard to see on the picture. It is much softer looking in real life.

Tender Enchantment
Stamps:
Tender Moment (Stamp Francisco); Enchantment (Non Sequitur); French Script (Stampin Up)
Inks: Wild Wasabi, Blush Blossom, Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Cameo Coral (Stampin Up); Timber Brown Staz-On
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabit (Stampin Up); glossy white cardstock

1 comment:

  1. I really love your House Beams card! I think this would work for a masculine anniversary card or just because card to a spouse. I think the colors (ink & c/s) all work together so nicely as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...