Saturday, March 1, 2008

First Attempt at Cracked Glass

I am truly loving this technique now that I have finally tried it! "Cracked Glass" is another great technique featured in the current issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. You'll have to subscribe to get the full instructions.

Believe in Your Dreams
Stamps: Two Sisters (Stamp Francisco), Believe in Your Dreams and Rustic Heart (Oxford Impressions from plate My Story)
Inks: Bravo Burgundy and River Rock (Stampin Up); Timber Brown Staz-On; Tea Dye Distress Ink
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy and River Rock (Stampin Up); white glossy Paper: Holiday Argyle (Deja Views) Embellishment: Prima flower and olive brad Other: Judikins Clear Embossing Powder, Stampin' Up chalks

I love this particular stamp. I keep going back to it for project after project. Usually, I stamp the two sisters in exotic colors such as hot pink, turquoise or orchid. They seem to look great in whatever color I try!

For the first time, I actually colored them in and I really like the effect especially with the cracked glass technique. After stamping the image with Timber Brown Staz-On, I used chalk to give subtle color to the faces and the hair. I used a green for the background to match the paper I chose. The paper also gave me the colors of cardstock. The combination of Bravo Burgundy and River Rock is one I have used before and I really like the way the tones work together.

It's another snowy Saturday, so I suppose I should go do something useful around the house. Have a happy weekend!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...