Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bunches O' Bunnies

My Easter cards are finally done! I created several similar cards with slight variations.

I started by stamping the Bunny Friends (Penny Black) stamp onto white watercolor paper six times. I used five of these images for the base picture of each card. I used the sixth image to create pop-ups of the various bunnies so a different one could pop-up off each card.

(middle bunny popped up)

I then watercolored each group in the same way. I find that I get my best watercolor "look" by stamping my Stampin Spots (Stampin Up) onto an acrylic block to create pools of ink and using an Aquapainter (Stampin Up). I slip a piece of white scrap paper under the block so I can see all the ink pools clearly. The clean up is a breeze! Wipe with a paper towel, spritz with a stamp cleaning solution, wipe again and you are done.

The other great part of using the acrylic block is that I do not have to have reinkers for all the colors I want to use. I just need the stamp pad itself.

To finish off the card, I matted the finished picture and sentiment in Chocolate Chip. I stamped the background in coordinating Sage Shadow ink on a Sage Shadow card base.

(bunny second from the right popped-up)

The variations in layout have to do not to my design skills but rather to my bad stamping of the background today. Guess I am tired. I kept having "bald" spots. The layout did prove versatile, though!

(bunny second from the left popped-up)

Easter Bunny Friends

Stamps: Bunny Friends (Penny Black); Happy Easter (Art Impressions); Deco Background (Judikins)
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On; Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pink Passion, Sage Shadow and Apricot Appeal (Stampin Up)
Tools, Etc.: Aquapainter (Stampin Up); pop-up dots
Embellishment: mini cottonball

Spring is in the air! I am springing into the season with more bunnies!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...