Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Valentine Crunch...the Start

Yes, Valentine's Day is the same day every year. Yes, one should be prepared for the inevitable. Yes, there is quite a bit of down time between the December holidays and Valentine's. These are all givens. Another given...I never get my Valentine's cards done on time.

These cards are for two of my nieces. The first one is for the 10-year-old and the second for the 6-year-old.

On both cards, I created the background first using a Technique Junkies technique on the coral cardstock using white and coral ink and heart and rose stamps from the Stampin' Up set, Wing It. I stamped each sentiment in Timber Brown Staz-On. I then stamped the poodle, again in brown, on both a sheet of white cardstock and on to the background. I also stamped the portion of the image with the bows onto a spare piece of coral. The poodle was cut from the white cardstock. Glitter was added to the "fluffy" parts of the poodles before I attached it to the card. The last thing to go on were the paper pieced coral bows.

Stamps: Poodle (Pink Cat Studio); Be My Valentine (Paper Inspirations); Heart & Rose (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up); white
Inks: Moonlight White (Brilliance); Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up); Timber Brown (Staz-On)
Other: white glitter

Stamps: Poodle (Pink Cat Studio); Happy Valentine's Day (Savvystamps); Heart & Rose (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up); white
Inks: Moonlight White (Brilliance); Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up); Timber Brown (Staz-On)
Other: white glitter

Well, back to work. I still have cards to make for my 17-year-old niece, my Mom, my extremely cute daughter and my amazing husband.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...