Thursday, February 14, 2008

Saving the Best for Last

All I ever need is love so I guess this card shows how mushy I really am. This card is for my beloved and amazing husband!

I thought the image of the very serious wedding couple was fun. I overstamped Love across the images with white to break up the darker tones and to re-enforce the overall message of the card. One of my favorite parts of the card was a detail added at the last minute, the stamped lace on the ecru background. I was very pleased to find out that Antique Linen Distress Ink makes a quite lovely impression on ecru paper. I am sure that this detail will find its way into future cards.

All You Need is Love
Stamps: Wedding Couple from Beloved plate (Oxford Impressions); Love from My Story plate (Oxford Impressions); All You Need is Love (Hampton Art); Lace (Above the Mark)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Lavender Lace, River Rock, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Brocade Blue (SU); ecru (unknown)
Inks: Vintage Photo and Antique Linen (Tim Holtz Distress Ink); Moonlight White (Brilliance)

For the next card, I reverted to cute but that's because the recipient is also cute, my dear little daughter. I love this series of Penny Black stamps. They just make me smile everytime I use them. These stamps are also fun to watercolor. I again stayed away from traditional colors and instead went with some of my daughter's favorites, light blue and purple.


Bunny Love
Stamps: Spring Joy (Penny Black); flower from Delight in Life (SU); loved from So Very (SU)
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue (SU); watercolor paper
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Cameo Coral, Garden Green, Old Olive (SU); Timber Brown (Staz-On)
Embellishments: gold brads
Tools: Round Tab punch (SU); aquapainter (SU)

Thank goodness, St. Patrick's Day does not come with the same requirement for cards. Of course, Easter and Passover will upon me faster than usual this year. Sigh. Well, maybe I will take a couple days off to do some silly stamping before I tackle the next holiday with gusto!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!
- Shar

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...