Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Inkadinking with Acrylics

Picking up supplies at the craft store the other day, I ran across the new acrylic sets from Inkadinkado. I decided to set myself a challenge of making some quick and simple cards...for once!

My first effort was a little lackluster but it has grown on me over the last couple of days. This card can be made with one full sheet of cardstock, one 3" square of a secondary color and an incredible 2" square of patterned paper. Great for using up your scraps!

I love this big flower from the Inkadinkado Garden Delight acrylic set. I used a sentiment from the Inkadinkado Chelsea Sentiments set. The camera did not capture the rich turquoise or deep evergreen colors of this card. It is much more vibrant in person.

The next card I tried started out much different than it looks now. This card also uses the Inkadinkado Garden Delight and Chelsea sentiment sets. Originally, the flowers were going to be orange and pink. After trying that configuration, I realized that the card needed something to ground the various images. I chose my favorite neutral, chocolate brown, and the rest came together quite well. This card is a five minute card even when you add in the little touches like the corner rounding detailing and the addition of the thread wrap.


My next project will be to get going on my Easter and Passover cards and some generic "thinking of you" cards.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...