Thursday, February 7, 2008

Feline Geisha

My seventeen year-old niece just loves anything Japanese and has a soft spot for cats, so when I saw this cute stamp (Pink Cat Studios) I knew exactly what I had to do.



Using the now second-nature Winter 2008 Take Ten sketch and some very pretty handmade asian papers from my collection I was able to put this card together with ease. I selected red to offset the softer colors in the papers. I used those soft colors as a jumping off point for coloring the cat in with watercolor pencils that were then softened using a blender pen.


As part of her birthday gift, I also made her these note cards using Stampin' Up's Kanji set. I picked a very simple design so that the characters really stood out. Also, I just LOVE this layout. It is easy and elegant at the same time. The colors were all inspired by the background paper.



Here's a close-up of "Wisdom".






Valentine's are calling! Stay tuned for more quirky versions of Valentines.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...