Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blessed...But Not With Time

Not much stamping happening at my house these days. Nevertheless, I was able to take a few minutes to try out one of my newly mounted stamps from Lost Coast Designs. This is one of my favorite techniques to use, maybe because it was one of the first I really used on a regular basis. While basically a straight-forward spotlight, the ripped edge makes a nice transition between the spotlight and the main image. Well, I think so anyway.

Blessed
Stamps: Winged Girl (Lost Coast Design); Weathered background (Stampin' Up); Blessed from So Very (Stampin' Up)
Inks: Bordering Blue (Stampin Up) and Midnight Blue (Staz On)
Cardstock: Taken with Teal and Bordering Blue (Stampin Up); white
Embellishments: 6 silver brads

Here are some other samples of a ripped spotlight that I have done over the years:

Fairy Love
Stamps Used: Victorian Fairy (Stamp Francisco), Je T'aime (Penny Black), Paris Moments (Hampton Art Stamps)

Eldorado Note
Stamps Used: Eldorado (Inkadinkado); Paris Moments (Hampton Art Stamps); Just a Little Note (Savvystamps)

If I had to do Eldorado Note over again, I would create a background with a different color base, probably more in the brown tones so as not to overwhelm the image.

Herbal Notes
Stamp Used: Herbs (Inkadinkado

I loved the simplicity of this card. It was a little tricky to line up all the herbs, but I think it was well worth it in the end.

Now, to wrap my head around the upcoming holidays of Easter and Passover. They're early this year! Why didn't anyone tell me?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, love this technique - I especially like the 'Blessed' card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...