Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Apres Valentine's Day Organization

I have not been doing a ton of stamping, but I have been doing a lot with my stamps. I decided to take time over the long weekend to create order from chaos. I took time to sort and file all my paper by color, 12 x 12 in drawers and 8 1/2 x 11 into vertical holders. My punches are all sorted by size and placed in drawers. My stamps are all sorted and actually in the lovely pizza boxes I bought last year.
The best thing about the weekend was that I was able to organize all my unmounted stamps onto plastic boards. I decided that the only way to stay sane and find anything was to organize the unmounteds by manufacturer as so many stamps could go into so many different categories. The end result was 5 binders nicely arranged alphabetically. I love this way of organizing as it lets me keep stamp plates together. I made an index sheet for each board and placed the index in a plastic page protector.

Once all the stray unmounteds were put away I could get to the business of mounting all those lovely stamps I got over the holidays. So many new images to play with! Whoohoo!

So while I didn't stamp this weekend, I did set the stage to make my future stamping ventures easier!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...