Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Theme Scene

Sometimes when I am suffering from design deficit, I start with the papers instead of the stamps. In this particular set of cards, I started out with the audience, my mom, and a great 6" x 6" pad of paper.

My mother is a long-time sewer. When I saw this gorgeous paper, Stella Ruby by BasicGrey, I knew I would just have to make something for her with it. The pages incorporate vintage styling with overlays of sewing pattern marks.

My next step was to gather all my sewing related stamps together. I managed to find a very pretty stylized sewing machine (Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps) along with some coordinating sentiments. I also ran across an acrylic set I had purchased ages ago, So Diva by Hampton Art Stamps.

Once I had the materials together, the designs began to reveal themselves.

Here is a closer look at the results:






So, go and grab some lovely paper that you have been hoarding and create something fresh!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...