Saturday, January 19, 2008

Taking the Take Ten Challenge

The first page I turn to in each issue of Stampington's Take Ten magazine is the Challenge. For the past two issues, I have tried to make it a personal goal to create and send in submissions to the Challenge. Tuesday night saw the production of my first attempt at the current challenge which uses a full circle, a half circle and a bar as its main elements. If you wish to see the template yourself, check out the template and submission information on the Stampington site. All submissions for this challenge are due by February 1, 2008. That gives me just under 2 weeks to panic!


Carpe Gibson was created with Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Bravo Burgundy and River Rock cardstock and Bravo Burgundy and Night of Navy ink (Stampin' Up). The patterned paper is also Stampin' Up. The images used include Gibson Girl profile (Above the Mark), Carpe Diem (Stamp Francisco) and Polka Dot (background stamp from Stampin' Up).

Teal has a special attraction for me and I love using it. For this challenge, though, I wanted to push myself so I took inspiration from a sister magazine to Take Ten, Stamper's Sampler, whose challenge this month is to use turquoise and red. As I have a naturally dark disposition, I altered this combo to the deeper shades afforded by burgundy and teal. River Rock is a neutral with personality so I had no trouble coming to the conclusion that it was the perfect bridge between the two disparate colors.

Here's what I sent for the last challenge.




Stay tuned for more attempts over the next 9 days as I try and produce something publishable.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...