Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brandishing Burgundy

Sometimes I get in a color rut. Today, it was the combination of Bravo Burgundy (Stampin' Up) and a gorgeous piece of paper (Cherry Damask - Fresh Print from Deja Views) which kept calling to me.

It all started when I was sorting my scraps and I came across some abandoned images I had done for the last Take Ten Challenge. I had stamped these in Bravo Burgundy on white. The bride and flowers are from the Beloved plate (Oxford Impressions) and I am sure I will figure out where I got the lovely lady on the right from soon.

Wanting to add some visual contrast with a paper, I began routing through my "red" drawer of paper and came out with this pretty damask paper. It had a lighter pink color in it so I went back to the drawers and came up with a striped paper (Colorbok) and an unidentified polka dot.

Thinking I would make a Valentine, I started fooling around with different configurations. Working to create a non-red Valentine is a hobby of mine. One year, I made a green and brown Valentine for my husband and a purple one for my daughter. I do not work well with rules and traditions. This year is a tame departure in comparison.

You'll notice that the polka dot paper did not make it onto the card above. It did, however, fit well into the next card.

Over the last two days, the Technique Junkies list has been jumping with great cards sparked by a sketch challenge on the Techno Stamper blog. I decided to use the same wonderful colors to create a card using this fabulous sketch. The image and sentiment used are from Oxford Impressions, the Beloved plate.


I still had paper left, so there had to be a final card. The image or should I say l'image is from Rubber Cottage. The sentiments are from the So Very set (Stampin' Up). The papers remain the same.


Tomorrow may see me in a teal turmoil, a green groove or a fushia furrow. Then again, there is a card-sized piece of Cherry Damask left...hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice stuff, Shar! I enjoyed visiting your blog and I am going to add ya to my blog roll :)

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...