This year's first resolution was to make some goals for 2009 before it was 2009. Here's some of the ideas I have settled on that apply to creative endeavors.
1. Make doable resolutions and goals in a timely manner.
2. Use up those beautiful bits and pieces in my scrap drawer.
3. Use all those embellishments I bought on impulse that are languishing in storage.
4. Keep trying new things all the time.
5. Put away all my stamps after I use them and mount and store all my stamps as I buy them.
6. Send at least 6 cards to magazines every quarter.
7. Make time every week for play.
8. Curb SAD (Stamp Aquisition Disorder) to a more reasonable level.
While 2009 isn't quite here, I did give #2 and #3 a try and used up some scraps. So, while I think all the bits and pieces in this card are beautiful, I have not the faintest idea who made any of them. The lovely lady is from Oxford Impressions, the Beloved plate. I used Cracked Glass technique, an old favorite of mine from Technique Junkies.
I love this lovely lady's confidence and think she is perfect to greet the New Year.
Lady in Lace
Stamps: Woman and sentiment from Beloved plate (Oxford Impressions)
Paper: Not the faintest idea, but isn't it pretty?
Cardstock: Pink Passion and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Tea Dye (Ranger Distress Ink)
Other: Judikins clear embossing powder
Embellishments: touch of lace and a deep pink silk flower
Here's to resolutions and the resolve to see them through! Happy New Year!