Saturday, December 29, 2007

Playing With Color

I love to play with color and see how color affects images. The notecard set pictured below is created with Night of Navy, Rose Red, Old Olive and Taken with Teal cardstock and ink from Stampin' Up. The images are as follows: Girl with Pearl Earring (Stamp Francisco), Song of Spring (Stamp Francisco) and Weathered Backrgound (Stampin' Up). To give these layered images a little more grounding, I have chalked through the image with the corresponding chalk color and inked the torn edges of the main image with corresponding ink. In addition, I masked out the face before I overstamped the Song of Spring and then I colored the face in with blush colored chalk.

Here is a close-up of the Night of Navy notecard.

And the Old Olive...



I have experimented with various "earrings" on this card only to have them all drop off, smudge and otherwise mess with my image so now I just respect the original artist and leave it as originally painted.

I also played with accent colors in this set of notecards for my mother. I used a rough texture ecru paper and used color to bring out the central image.

I tied the contrast color to a focal point in the picture, the vase of tulips.

I loved the soft, homey look of this lovely stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps. I colored the image in with watercolor pencils and then used a blender pen to create a softer look.

I was pleasantly surprised at how the different colors gave each card a different attitude.



Off to play with more colors! I just looked up submission requests for Stamper's Sampler and they have a challenge to use turquoise with red. Should be interesting. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Love the cards! I especially like the Girl with Pearl Earring. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...